Rustproofing of an existing, heavily corroded steel pipeline in a metal processing facility in Mariupol<(Crimea), Ukraine.
The steel pipe is exposed to the highly corrosive environment of the metallurgical plant and suffered an extensive corrosion damage.
Fibre-Prime – unique, waterborne cementitious rustproofing and protective coating was used to stop rusting and protect pipes form further attack.
Fibre-Prime has been selected over conventional barrier systems, such as epoxy or polyurethane coatings, due to its many advantages, some listed below:
- Needs only a light sandblast to remove loose rust – NOT expensive “white metal” blasting
- Contains highly effective corrosion inhibitors active on both, Anodic as well as Cathodic corrosion sites
- Provides superior rustproofing since it protects the steel even if there are “cuts or pinholes” in the coating. A pinhole or cut in epoxy / polyurethane system causes a high rate of corrosion in that area.
- Fibre-Prime is much easier to apply
- Less costly than polymer barrier systems – more Economical
- Nontoxic & No VOC
- Bonds tenaciously, even to Wet Steel