Sewers & Manholes – Restoration
In restoration projects the concrete surface is seriously contaminated and deteriorated (eroded) to varying depth. The condition of the surface is sometimes only found after a surface preparation, which is carried out by heavy sandblast.
Levelling & Reprofiling up to 12 mm (1/2”) – Gem-Plast TC
Spray applied and troweled, or hand applied. Floor reprofiling may require a higher thickness.
Levelling & Reprofiling over 12 mm (1/2”) – Fibre-Patch OV
For larger volumes consider using Spray-Con WS ST – wet shotcrete process applied mortar.
Fibre-Prime – polymerised cementitious rustproofing is applied to any exposed reinforcing steel (rebar).
Clean reprofiled surface using 24 MPa (3,500 psi) pressure water, before application of waterproofing.
Sewers & Manholes – Chemical Protection & Waterproofing
In underground (negative side) waterproofing it is essential that any “active” water leakage is stopped to allow application and cure time for the waterproofing coatings.
Fibre-Patch WP (water plug), or polyurethane injection, are used, usually prior to surface preparation.
System # 2 – H2S 20-50 ppm
1st coat = Cem-Kote Barrier Cote 100 – vapor retarder providing exceptional bond
2nd coat = Cem-Kote Flex CR – waterproofing + protection of concrete against sulfuric acid produced by MIC (Microbiologically Induced Corrosion)
Rest is same as System # 2 above
- Concrete surface is cleaned and profiled using high-pressure water 34 MPa (5,000 psi)
- Crack are repaired using Reinforcing Fabric HDembedded in Cem-Kote Barrier Cote 100
- Cem-Kote Barrier Cote 100 is applied by spraying or brushing
- Curing – 2-day air cure is sufficient prior to application of Cem-Kote Flex CR
- Clean the surface of Cem-Kote Barrier Cote 100 with high-pressure water 34 MPa (5,000 psi)
- Cem-Kote Flex CR is applied by spraying or brushing
- Curing – minimum 3-day air cure (under normal conditions) prior to exposure to sludge