In restoration projects the concrete surface maybe deteriorated (eroded) to varying depths and requires surface repair. The condition of the surface is sometimes only found after a suitable surface preparation is carried out, using high-pressure water 35 MPa (5,000 psi), or sandblast – depending on concrete quality and/or contamination.
Levelling & Reprofiling up to 12 mm (1/2”) – Gem-Plast TC
Spray applied and troweled, or hand applied. Floor slabs may require a higher thickness.
Levelling & Reprofiling over 12 mm (1/2”) – Fibre-Patch OV
For larger volumes consider using Spray-Con WS ST – wet shotcrete process applied mortar.
Rebar Rustproofing – Fibre-Prime
Polymerized cementitious rustproofing is applied to any exposed reinforcing steel
Clean the reprofiled surface using 24 MPa (3,500 psi) pressure water to obtain CSP #3 (ICRI International Concrete Repair Institute), before proceeding with application of waterproofing.
Waterproofing & Protection
Product selection is based on existing conditions, or new project requirements
Cem-Kote Flex ST
Flexible Polymerised Cementitious Waterproofing
Cem-Kote Flex ST is a 2-component, flexible, breathable, thixotropic, cementitious modified polymer coating with high adhesion to concrete and properly prepared steel.
Drinking Water Approved – ANSI/NSF Standard 61
Cem-Kote Flex ST is insensitive to moisture in the concrete and high relative humidity unlike polymer coatings.
Cem-Kote Flex ST forms a seamless membrane, without joints, and its inherent flexibility is enhanced with Reinforcing Fabric HD to deliver an excellent bridging of substrate cracks.
Cem-Kote Flex ST forms a highly alkaline coating that protects concrete, or other substrate against attack by salts, and chemicals used in treatment of drinking water.
- Concrete surface is cleaned and profiled using high-pressure water 34 MPa (5,000 psi)
- Cracks are repaired using Reinforcing Fabric HD – embedded in Cem-Kote Flex ST
- Cem-Kote Flex ST – apply 2-coats by spraying or brushing
- Allow 1stcoat of Cem-Kote Flex ST to cure sufficiently to allow application of 2nd
- Curing – 3-day air cure is sufficient prior to exposure to water
Cem-Kote CW Plus
Crystalline (in-Depth) Waterproofing
Cem-Kote CW Plus contains reactive chemicals that penetrate the concrete substrate, forming a new, non-soluble crystalline structures that seal capillaries and hairline cracks, making the concrete waterproof. Drinking Water Approved – ANSI/NSF Standard 61
Cem-Kote CW Plus is breathable, and insensitive to moisture in the concrete and high relative humidity unlike polymer coatings.
Cem-Kote CW Plus advantage over old style crystalline materials is its other Membrane Waterproofing Mechanism that allows direct use on concrete substrates containing cavities, and it also waterproofs concrete substrates “starved” of free calcium ions due to carbonation.
- Concrete surface is cleaned and profiled using high-pressure water 34 MPa (5,000 psi)2
- Cracks are repaired using Reinforcing Fabric HD, embedded in Cem-Kote Flex ST
- Cem-Kote CW PLUS – apply 2-coats by spraying or brushing
- Allow 1stcoat of Cem-Kote CW Plus to cure sufficiently to allow application of 2nd coat
- New Concrete – Cem-Kote CW PLUS is broadcast (see TDS for application instructions)
- Curing – 3-day moist cure is sufficient prior to exposure to water